On-Campus User Registration.
Thank you for your interest in AMCaT! We look forward to working with you and helping you accomplish your research objectives. Before you start work in AMCaT you will need to complete the registration process. If you are an On-Campus user, which includes all Professional Schools and Colleges, please follow the instructions below.
If you are and Off-Campus User (non-UC College or University, National Laboratory, Private Company, Government Agency) please follow the instructions on the Gaining Access to AMCaT (Off-Campus) page.
- Complete the New AMCaT User Form except for section 4.
- You will need a 7-character DAFIS account number from your PI to complete the form
- Complete the Machine Use Authorization Form ( Form3A) only if you plan on using the PanAnalytical XRD
- Create a FOM user account by going to the Create New FOM Scheduler Account page.
- In order to create an account, you must have a valid account number for recharge purposes. This should be the same 7-character DAFIS account number you used on the AMCaT user from.
- You will get an email in 1-2 days confirming that your scheduler account has been created.
- Once your FOM user account is created, log-in to FOM and select the equipment you wish to use from the equipment list on the right-hand side of the user homepage.
- List a set of dates and times you are available for the following two weeks.
- This will send a notification to the equipment manager that you wished to be trained on that specific piece of equipment.
- Schedule a Safety walk through and intake meeting with the AMCaT Technical Director
- Bring the necessary forms with you.
- Provide an electronic or paper copy of your UC Laboratory Safety Fundamentals certificate/diploma for the UC Davis Learning Center.
- NOTE: You do not have to complete the UC Laboratory Safety Fundamentals if a member of the AMCaT staff will be preforming the work (For-Service Work).
- Schedule instrument training with the instrument manager.