Reserve a Space
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering has numerous spaces available for students, faculty, and staff. We use the COWS scheduling platform for all our internal room reservations. Below is the list of rooms we control. If you wish to use a room not listed below, please email email@example.com and we will assist you in requesting a room. Please do NOT reserve anything in COWS that is not listed under MSE or CHMS
- COWS - Room Scheduler (Instructions)
- Academic Surge 1026 is a large study space for Graduate Students to use. The preference is for Master of Engineering, Master of Science, and 1st quarter Ph.D. students. There are two computers desk that students can use and two medium size tables with enough seating for 10. The door has a number padlock. Code will be provided upon approved reservation.
- Academic Surge 1033 is a medium size office to be used by Teaching Assistants. It has two desks which can each sit 4 and a medium size whiteboard. All Teaching Assistants should be hosting their hours here or in the labs. The door has a number padlock. Code will be provided upon approved reservation.
- Bainer 2061 is our large computer room. It is often used for courses as many of our courses are held there but when class is not in session it can be reserved for office hours, or meetings that require everyone to have a computer. The door code can be found here but you must be logged in with your @ucdavis.edu account: https://ucdavis.box.com/s/we5igied07jfqb4n52pq4omtd2mjwk3z
- Kemoer 2051 is the Department of Materials Science and Engineering's Conference Room. It is reserved for faculty group meetings, student club meetings, Department meetings, Preliminary and Qualifying Exams, and other Department functions. It can hold up to 20 individuals seating. It has a large conference room table and a large whiteboard. The room has a Zoom computer set up for hybrid meetings.
Other Room Resources:
- Campus Map
- Graduate Students ONLY can reserve space in Walker Hall. Guidelines and Reservation system can be found here: https://grad.ucdavis.edu/graduate-center
- General Assignment Classroom Guide. Includes photos, capacity, and description of general assignment classrooms across campus.
- Online Classroom Lookup, Classrooms on campus with projectors.
- College of Engineering Computer Labs
Laptops and portable LCD projectors are available for signout from the main Materials Science and Engineering office at 3001 Ghausi Hall. A special computer lab is also available for materials science and engineering-affiliated students, faculty, and staff.
Please be certain that all cables are returned with laptops and projectors in the proper bags. What comes out, goes back in.
Check out the computers page for more information.
Academic Affairs forms (MIV under "Manage Forms").
CHE | MSE Onboarding Form (Template) Checklist - Staff Use Only
Instructional Workload Courses (IWC) Guidelines - Unit 18 Lecturers
Contracts and Grants
Pivot: funding opportunities search (free to UC Davis employees).
The College of Engineering has a service unit that helps with reimbursements (including travel & entertainment reports). To submit your reimbursement to them for processing, please use the forms available through the college website.